Need an Intern?
At USF, students have several ways they gain experiential learning through their academic program. Many students have participated in labs, projects, service learning and much more by the end of their freshman year. Once students obtain the necessary prerequisites, they are ready to engage in experiential learning with employers! Based on degree program, most students are required to complete clinical, practicums or internships.
The university does not require students to obtain paid experiential learning positions. In fact, some students, due to accreditation requirements, cannot be paid for their experience in the workplace. Our goal is that students and employers have a successful and meaningful experience. If possible, we encourage all employers to pay students for work experience. Additionally, when employers are unable to pay for internships or practicums, we direct all employers to review the U.S. Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division Internship Program Fact Sheet #71 to see if your experience can qualify as an unpaid experience.
Internships Next Steps
- Identify internship needs
- Develop internship structure, description and plan.
- Write amazing internship position descriptions.
- Post available internships on Handshake.
- Take advantage of on-campus recruiting opportunities:
- Employer visits
- Lunch ‘N Learns
- Mock interviews, resume reviews, and more
- Schedule on-campus interviews.
- Hire USF students to fill internship needs!
For more information, download our Employer Internship Guide.